“The Torah teaches: ‘Justice, justice, you shall pursue’ (Deuteronomy 16:20).
To secure a lasting settlement to the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis so they can live in peace and security, thrive side by side, and co-operate together, Jews today are obligated to pursue justice on behalf of both peoples.”
RABBI ELIZABETH TIKVAH SARAH
We believe that:
- Lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinians requires justice, mutual recognition and respect.
- Peace requires ending Israel’s illegal occupation and settlement of Palestinian land, including its illegal blockade of Gaza.
- Peace requires Israel to acknowledge its responsibility in the creation of the Palestinian refugees, and its obligation to negotiate a just, fair and practical resolution of the issue.
- Violence against civilians, no matter who commits it, is unacceptable.
- Israel’s repressive policies in the West Bank and Gaza are breeding hatred and resentment.
- Israel’s discrimination against its Palestinian citizens is unacceptable.
- It is crucial that Jews speak out for Palestinians’ human rights.
- The humanitarian values of Judaism have been corrupted by the Israeli state’s abuses of human rights.
- Britain, the EU, the USA, Russia and the UN must be persuaded to implement UN resolutions on Palestine.
If you agree, then join nearly two thousand other Jews in Britain who make up Jews for Justice for Palestinians. Sign up for our newsletter, or join our Facebook community.