Union reports 108 attacks on Palestinian journalists in July


The July report exposes rising threats, with more than 270 journalists killed in Gaza since October 2023, syndicate says

Israeli forces attack journalists with a stun grenade in the Balata refuge camp, east of Nablus during an Israeli military raid on 7 June 2026

Al Jazeera reports on 9 August 2026:

The Palestinian Journalists Syndicate has documented 108 attacks by Israeli forces and settlers against Palestinian journalists and media workers in the occupied West Bank last month.

The syndicate’s Freedoms Committee said in a statement on Sunday that the violations ranged from detention and beating to interrogation, obstruction of coverage and the seizure or destruction of press equipment, describing a pattern that has made it increasingly difficult for journalists to document Israeli military raids and settler violence on the ground.  Brief detentions and restrictions on reporting were the most common violations, with 58 cases recorded.

The committee also documented 11 settler attacks on journalists, including physical assaults, shoving and threats, mostly while crews covered settler attacks and military raids elsewhere in the occupied West Bank, along with 12 cases in which Israeli forces fired stun grenades or tear gas at journalists, causing some to suffocate.

Six journalists were beaten, and four sustained bleeding injuries while covering developments in Gaza, including from shrapnel. Two others were detained and four interrogated about their reporting.

More ….

© Copyright JFJFP 2026