
People walk through the damaged gate of Al-Aqsa University surrounded by tents sheltering displaced Palestinians, in Khan Younis, southern Gaza, on 24 November 2025
Stephen Quillen and News Agencies report in Al Jazeera on 27 November 2025:
Rights group Amnesty International has warned that “Israeli authorities are still committing genocide” in Gaza, waging new attacks and curbing critical aid access, despite the declared ceasefire.
Israel has repeatedly violated the ceasefire deal – more than 500 times in seven weeks – killing at least 347 Palestinians and injuring 889 people since the deal that was meant to end its genocidal war came into effect on October 10. Nearly 70,000 Palestinians have been killed since the war began more than two years ago.
The rights organisation issued a statement on Thursday, as Israeli forces carried out a series of air strikes in southern and central Gaza, including in areas beyond the yellow line where they are supposed to remain withdrawn under the agreement.
“So far, there is no indication that Israel is taking serious measures to reverse the deadly impact of its crimes and no evidence that its intent has changed,” said Amnesty’s Secretary-General Agnes Callamard. “In fact, Israeli authorities are continuing their ruthless policies, restricting access to vital humanitarian aid and essential services, and deliberately imposing conditions calculated to physically destroy Palestinians in Gaza.”
“The world must not be fooled. Israel’s genocide is not over,” she said.
Some of Israel’s strikes on Thursday morning targeted buildings in central Gaza’s Bureij camp and eastern Khan Younis, according to Al Jazeera’s correspondents on the ground. They add to hundreds of attacks that Gaza’s civil defence says are brazen violations of the fragile seven-week ceasefire.
They also come as Israel’s military carried out another wave of raids and arrests across the occupied West Bank, including in the areas of Qalqilya, Tubas, Hebron, Tulkarem and Nablus.
During their raid in Tubas, Israeli forces conducted field interrogations and assaulted at least 25 people who required medical treatment, according to a local Palestinian Red Crescent official quoted by the Wafa news agency.
More Palestinian prisoners released
The first stage of the Gaza truce moved closer to completion on Wednesday after Israel transferred the bodies of 15 Palestinian prisoners to Gaza authorities, a day after Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad handed over the body of another Israeli captive.
Palestinian armed groups have now released all living captives and returned the remains of 26 of 28 captives stipulated to be transferred under the deal. Hamas spokesman Hazem Qassem said the latest handover shows the group’s “steadfast commitment to fully complete the exchange process and its ongoing efforts to finalise it despite significant difficulties”.