Alternative Tourism Group
The Alternative Tourism Group (ATG) is a Palestinian NGO specializing in tours and pilgrimages that include critical examinations of the history, culture, and politics of the Holy Land.
Plan your Trip
ATG specializes in designing and organizing exciting itineraries for tour groups. We can also offer advice and assistance to individuals traveling in Palestine. If you are already in the country or traveling by yourself, check out our day tours to see the prescheduled tours that we offer at present.
Established in 1995, ATG operates according to the tenets of justice tourism, that is, tourism that holds as its central goals the creation of economic opportunities for the local community, positive cultural exchange between guest and host through one-on-one interaction, the protection of the environment, and political/historical education.
ATG works to encourage all tourism operators to abandon exploitive mass tourism and to adopt practices that positively affect the host population. Through these methods, ATG seeks to promote a positive image of Palestine and its people and to contribute to establishment of a just peace in the area.
ATG works with a wide range of groups and delegations that include:
- International solidarity groups
- Academic and fact-finding delegations
- Church groups concerned with issues of social justice
- Diplomats, journalists and researchers
- NGOs and political organizations
- Tourists and pilgrims groups
By choosing ATG you will gain:
- A fair trip to the Holy Land.
- A personal unforgettable experience where every individual request is granted.
- A meaningful encounter with the local communities.