Palestine Solidarity Campaign Student Dayschool
11am – 5pm
University of London Union , Malet Street , London
Israel‘s brutal attack on Gaza killed over 1300 people and left thousands more seriously injured. Today Israel continues its inhumane blockade, preventing aid from reaching Palestinians in desperate need.
Across Britain over 30 universities have organised occupations in response, with many winning scholarships for Palestinian students, pledges from universities to send academic resources to Gaza and commitments to divest in arms companies.
PSC is organising this dayschool to bring students together to discuss our experiences, including of the university occupations, and to plan future campaigns. The dayschool will include high-profile speakers, reports from the occupations, and practical workshops on organising campaigns on your campus.
Ken Livingstone, Jeremy Corbyn MP, and representatives from the Viva Palestina Convoy and the British Muslim Initiative will be joined by a whole host of other speakers including:
- Sameh Habeeb, photojournalist from Gaza
– Betty Hunter, Palestine Solidarity Campaign
– Khaled AlMudallal, Let Palestinians Study Campaign
– Richard Kuper, Jews for Justice for Palestinians
– Bellavia Ribeiro-Addy, NUS Black Students’ Officer
– Federation of Student Islamic Societies speaker
– Naomi Wimborne-Idrissi, Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Committee, Palestine Solidarity Campaign
– Reports from students involved in occupations
– many others to be confirmed