The rise and rise of JStreet
NPR: “New Lobby Pushes Pro-Israel, Pro-Peace Mission” by Michele Kelemen. October 27, 2009.
Washington Post: “Tense debate on U.S.-Israel foreign relations begins ahead of J Street Conference,” by Dan Eggen. October 25, 2009.
BBC: “J Street fills gap in Washington life.” October 28, 2009.
Haaretz: “Top Obama aide: U.S. commitment to Israel is not a slogan,” by Natasha Mozgovaya. October 28, 2009.
AOL News: “New Jewish Lobby Takes Different Tack in DC,” by Andrea Stone. October 27, 2009.
And here is the JStreet newsletter:
What an amazing few days in Washington.
Our conference was a smashing success. It’s clearer than ever to the national political establishment that broad political support exists in our community for active American leadership to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
For those of you who didn’t get a chance to make it to Washington, check out our special conference website for archived video, pics, news, and more.
Don’t waste this great opportunity to share J Street’s message with your friends and family. Forward this message right now to people in your network who should hear more about J Street and our conference.
To give you a sense of our conference’s impact, here it is by the numbers.
- Over 1,500 participants. We expected 1,000. Whoah!
- Over 35,000 viewers tuned in to watch Monday’s webcast of conference events. Over 25,000 tuned in on Sunday night.
- 148 Members of Congress on our Host Committee. 44 Members of Congress at the Gala Dinner (full list pasted below).
- 150 members of the press attended.
- 210 Lobby Day meetings with Members of Congress and their staff. Over 100 meetings with Members of Congress themselves. 600 activists took part in these meetings.
- 5 Members of Knesset attending.
- 68 American College Campuses represented, along with 10 others from Canada, Israel, and Britain.
And if you’d like to read more about the conference, here are 5 great articles about the conference.
Thanks so much for making this wonderful conference possible. We couldn’t have done it without you or your support these last 18 months.
We’ll be in touch,