Summary of the 9-Months Talks: Unprecedented Settlement Development
29 April 2014
- Tenders for 4,868 units – 2,248 of them in West Bank settlements and 2,620 units in East Jerusalem. (The were also tenders for another 1,235 units in re-issued tenders, where the tenders are calls for bids to buy units that weren’t sold in previous tenders).
- Promotion of plans for 8,983 units – 6,561 of them in West Bank settlements and 2,422 in East Jerusalem.
- Plans for 4,793 units in isolated settlements (73%)
- Plans for 1,768 units in settlements closer to the Green Line (27%)
The average yearly number of tenders was 4 times higher compared to previous years:
New Settlements and Outposts:
- Two new outposts were established – the Brosh outpost at the Jordan Valley and Givat Eitam, south of Bethlehem.
- A New settlement at the heart of the City of Hebron was established for the first time since the 80’s.
- Four outposts were legalized by promoting plans for them: Nahalei Tal and Zayit Ra’anan (near Ramallah), Givat Sal’it (in The Jordan Valley) and Elmatan (near Qalqilya).
- A new settlement was founded, when 60 families moved in to live in the settlement of Leshem near Salfit.
- In East Jerusalem – two big tourist projects in the Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan were promoted (the Kedem compound and the Spring House), and the National Park at the lands of Issawiya was approved.
- In addition, the Ministry of Housing published tenders for preparing plans for 24,000 units in several settlements in the West Bank, including in E1. Following the publication by Peace Now, the tenders were cancelled.
|Units (Plans)||Settlement||Units||Tender No.||Settlement|
|60||Alon Shvut||36||346/2012||Beitar Illit|
|334||Kfar Adumim||92||91/2013||Ma’ale Adumim|
|732||Modiin Illit||2||39/2013||Ma’ale Adumim|
|277||Alei Zahav||112||274/2013||Ma’ale Adumim|
|19||Kiryat Netafim||1||302/2013||Alfei Menashe|
|496||Beit El||24||יש/2/2014||Beitar Illit|
|125||Givat Sal’it||86||יש/4/2014||Karnei Shomron|
|65||Shavei Shomron||130||85/2013||Har Homa|